Our current Hon. Treasurer, Mr Douglas Kinnear, intends to step down in 2019, having worked with BIPS for a number of years in this role. BIPS is therefore seeking a new Hon. Treasurer, to begin working with Mr Kinnear from early 2019, with a view to taking over in the course of the year. Hon. Treasurer is a voluntary position (expenses paid), like all our other trustees. The role would suit someone with an accounting and financial background. The main aspects of the role are:
- Assisting the Executive Officer on quarterly financial reporting to our donor (the British Academy)
- Assisting trustees with annual bid process
- Preparing financial reports, budgets etc for trustee meetings (three per year in March, June and November)
- Assisting our Accountants with annual independent examination
- Liaising with our external book keeper and the Executive Officer to oversee book keeping process
As BIPS is a small charity, the role of Hon. Treasurer comes is a key one. The Hon. Treasurer is a member of the BIPS executive committee, and has a strong voice in directing charity policy, processes and practice. The Hon. Treasurer is supported by the Executive Officer, external book keeper and accountants, and can also draw on the experience and views of others carrying out similar roles for the other six British International Research Institutes, all funded by the British Academy.
If interested please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are open to all.
The post-holder will become a BIPS member upon appointment.