Archaeological Monograph Series
The BIPS Archaeological Monographs Series was established in 2009 as a joint publishing venture between the British Institute of Persian Studies and Oxbow Books to create a venue for the publication of archaeological research that has been supported by the Institute.
We have published volumes ranging from archaeological research monographs to conference proceedings. The chronological span of these volumes considers the full range of Iranian history, and at present spans from the earliest Neolithic in the Central Western Zagros through to the Sasanian and Islamic periods.
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL FOR CONSIDERATION
Authors and editors interested in having a volume considered for the BIPS Archaeological Monographs Series should contact the Series Editor, Dr Cameron Petrie [email@example.com].
TITLES IN THE BIPS ARCHAEOLOGICAL MONOGRAPH SERIES
- David Whitehouse, Siraf: History, topography & environment.
- Eberhard W. Sauer, Hamid Omani Rekavandi, Tony J. Wilkinson and Jebrael Nokandeh, Persia’s Imperial Power in Late Antiquity: The great wall of Gorgan and Sasanian Iran.
- Cameron A. Petrie (ed.), Ancient Iran & Its Neighbours: Local developments and long-range interactions in the fourth century BC.
- Roger Matthews, Wendy Matthews and Yaghoub Mohammadifar (eds.), The Earliest Neolithic of Iran: 2008 Excavations at Sheikh-e Abad and Jani. Central Zagros Archaeological Project Volume 1.
- Vesta Sarkhosh Curtis, Robert Hillenbrand and J. M. Rogers (eds.), The Art & Archaeology of Ancient Persia: New light on the Parthian and Sasanian empires.
- Vesta Sarkhosh Curtis, M. Elahé Askari & Elizabeth J. Pendleton, Sasanian Coins. A Sylloge of Sasanian Coins in the National Museum of Iran (Muzeh Melli Iran), Tehran. Volume 1 Ardashir I – Hormizd IV, by Royal Numismatic Society Special Publication No. 47 & BIPS, London, 2010.
- Vesta Sarkhosh Curtis, M. Elahé Askari & Elizabeth J. Pendleton, Sasanian Coins. A Sylloge of Sasanian Coins in the National Museum of Iran (Muzeh Melli Iran), Tehran. Volume 2: Khusrau II – Yazdgird III, Royal Numismatic Society Special Publication No. 49 & BIPS, London, 2012.
- Vesta Sarkhosh Curtis, Elizabeth J. Pendleton, Michael Alram & Touraj Daryaee (eds), The Parthian and Early Sasanian Empires. Adaptation and Expansion, BIPS Archaeological Monograph Series V, Oxbow Books, Oxford & Philadelphia, 2016.
- Vesta Sarkhosh Curtis, Alexandra Magub, Elizabeth J. Pendleton & Edward C.D. Hopkins, Sylloge Nummorum Parthicorum 2: Mithradates II, Austrian Academy of Sciences Press, Vienna, 2020.