Studies in the History and Culture of the Persianate World
Reflecting the British Institute of Persian Studies’ role in stimulating and promoting research into all aspects of Persian and Iranian Studies, the BIPS Persian Studies series exists to provide an outlet for the work conducted in this field and welcomes proposals for book length publications in the form of research monographs, conference proceedings or other edited volumes. The series is particularly ready to serve as a vehicle for publishing research undertaken with the support and sponsorship of BIPS and arising out of one of its research programmes.
The series was first produced by I.B. Tauris under the editorship of Professor Vanessa Martin, and has now been taken on by the Gingko Library http://www.gingkolibrary.com/ . The series editor is Professor Andrew Peacock (University of St Andrews), who is joined on the editorial board by Dr Paul Losensky (Indiana) and Professor Gabrielle van den Berg (Leiden).
The Advisory Board is composed of Professor Ali Ansari, Dr Michele Bernardini, Dr Melanie Gibson and Professor Ahmad Karimi-Hakkak.
Titles in the BIPS Persian Studies Series
- The Making of Modern Iran: State and society under Riza Shah, 1921-1941, edited by Stephanie Cronin, RoutledgeCurzon, 2003.
- Iranian History and Politics, Homa Katouzian, RoutledgeCurzon, 2003.
- Reformers and Revolutionaries in Modern Iran: New perceptions of the Iranian Left, edited by Stephanie Cronin, RoutledgeCurzon, 2004.
- Religion and Society in Qajar Iran, edited by Robert Gleave, RoutledgeCurzon, 2004.
- The Political Thought of Ayatollah Murtaza Mutahhari, Mahmood T. Davari, RoutledgeCurzon, 2005.
- The Politics of Culture in Iran, Nematollah Fazeli, RoutledgeCurzon, 2006.
- The Ilkhanid Book of Ascension: A Persian-Sunni devotional tale, Christiane Gruber, I.B. Tauris, 2010.
- The Practice of Politics in Safavid Iran: Power, religion and rhetoric, Colin P. Mitchell, I.B. Tauris, 2011.
- The Safavid Dynastic Shrine: Architecture, religion and power in early modern Iran, Kiswar Rizvi, I.B. Tauris, 2011.
- The Ornament of Histories: A history of the eastern Islamic lands AD 650-1041. The Persian text of Abu Sa‘id ‘Abd Al-Hayy Gardizi, edited & translated by C. Edmund Bosworth, I.B. Tauris, 2011.
- Iran between Islamic Nationalism & Secularism: The constitutional revolution of 1906, Vanessa Martin, I.B. Tauris, 2013.
- Medieval Central Asia and the Persianate World: Iranian tradition and Islamic civilisation, A.C.S. Peacock and D.G. Tor, I.B. Tauris, 2015. (https://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/medieval-central-asia-and-the-persianate-world-9781784532390/)
- The Phoenix Mosque and the Persians of Medieval Hangzhou, George Lane (editor), Alexander (Sandy) Morton, Qing Chen, 2018.
- Javanmardi: The Ethics and Practice of Persianate Perfection, Lloyd Ridgeon (editor), 2018.